Sunday, September 25, 2011

A half century old!! wow?


So it is a Sunday morning........and its my birtday. Where did all the years go? How did I get as old as my parents? How is my son almost in his 30's? For that matter have I really been married for over half of my life?

I was looking forward to being 50. I keep thinking I don't look 50 do I? However when you are old enough to bowl with the seniors and AARP are always sending you stuff you realize you are probably headed into the later 2nd of your life span.

I feel pretty good, I mean I do have a few aches and pains and probably should really get more committed to that darn gym.......but overall I do feel good. I do feel like I am not ready to give up and feel old. I love to walk, take photos, go out and enjoy being around other people. I didn't have the party experiance that a lot of my friends did in college because I was working full time and raising a family....which was my choice and truthfully would do it again. I mean I see some of my friends who are just a couple of years younger with little kids and I have to say I am happy to be an empty nester........even though I loved being a mom and miss my son daily. I love being called Grammy, Grandma, nana or what ever nickname will be given to me by grandson. It doesn't make me feel old.....it makes me feel happy I can babysit and play with them and hopefully relate to them when they get a little older.

I miss the crazy loopers from our years in Cheyenne.......I keep thinking if we were there I would have had a party and really enjoyed turned 50! Instead I am writing on my blog and thinking about my life. I guess I am a little depressed.......I should be happy about waking up to a new day........but being down here in Alabama in a new town and new base with out a lot friends around me it has been a little hard.

I have to look at my friend ........who looks amazing for her age. I won't give her age but she could be my mom if she started in her teens.......and yet she is still working 2 very physical jobs, riding her bike everywhere, a grandma to several teenagers, and yet stays active and doesn't seem to get older at all! I will have to say she is one of my inspirations for getting older.

So where was I going with all this babble? Not sure, but I will say I am happy to be here and happy to turn 50! I am not sure how I thought I would feel, but I didn't expect to be bummed out.....I mean 40 I thought would be a little more scary. So hopefully tomorrow will bring a better feeling to joining the senoir crowd......as for today I am working on it!

No comments: