Sunday, November 6, 2011

Things to be "Thankful for".........24 days and counting~





So the thing with "Facebook" right now is 24 days of being "Thankful". As much as I would like to say I am "Thankful" everyday I know I am not. If something doesn't go just as planned it throws me off and gives me something to complain about instead of being Thankful for! As an example you figure a brand new car will need no work for at least 24 months, other then simple oil change and tire rotation! Then you are thrown a curve ball when you are told it needs an alignment and 2 new tires with 14,000 miles on the darn thing! I was so mad when they called me it was hard to focus on what was really going on around me. Finally I took a deep breath, hung up the phone and forgot about the darn car and went back to enjoying my day! Sunny filled, shopping craft fairs and craft stores with a friend! Which was what I should have been thinking about anyway! Cars are cars and me getting my blood pressure up was stupid.......me getting ugly sure wasn't going to solve my alignment anyway!



So instead of 24 daily updates of what I am "Thankful" for here it is in one place.....something I can go back to and read and think about when life throws me a little curve ball every now and then..........so here is number 24 and so on!



24.Thankful to be in Alabama.........haha I had hard time saying this.......remembering back to April 15th when we heard we were coming here! Even harder time when it was 102 and heat indexes of almost 120 with 90% humidity! I am loving all the time together with my husband and this beautiful fall weather though!

23.Thankful for my neighbors here in Montgomery. They are all very friendly, outgoing, down to earth just nice people!

22. Thankful for my pets! Nothing beats a beagle! They are kind, love you to pieces, and loyal to the end! Even if they are little excitable and loose their minds when they get a scent of a squirrel, rabbit or cat!

21. Thankful for the Air Force providing my husband with a job! Hmm I wonder where we would be if he hadn't decided to do this?

20. Thankful at this point in our lives I am able to be the one not employed! It has been nice to take a few years off and just do stuff on my schedule and when I want! Of course this makes me more thankful for #21!

19. Thankful for a roof over our heads and a warm bed to sleep in at night! Also thankful for food in my tummy and never being hungry! I don't think enough people are thankful for this one!

18. Thankful I got to know my Grandparents and even my Great Grandmother! So many people don't get that opportunity........and now even though they have all passed away, I have so many memories of these great people. I miss them almost daily.....even though we never did live close by, we always talked and took time to go visit them!

17. I am Thankful for digital photography! I love it!!! I love pictures and looking at everyones! It is amazing what a photograph can do to jog your memory! Digital is the best though because it is instant!!!!

16. To go along with my digital photography I am thankful for all the ways to share my photographs! Facebook, walmart, snapshot etc! It amazes me how quickly we can share things to bring a smile to our face or bring back a photo from a while ago to spark a good thought or even a good conversation!

15. I am thankful I can read! Mine you as a kid I might not have said this but now I am! I love to read now as an adult! I love a lot of different books. I hate saying Oprah got me interested as I am not a loyal Oprah fan but she did! I got interested in reading when she started her book of the months! I think I read almost all her suggestions.....some I loved some I didn't but at least I could! I continue this now reading everyday!

14. I am thankful for all the places we have gotten to live and visit! Now when it comes to packing up and moving I know I am always complaining but we have had opportunities to live places that I would never have even wanted to visit let alone live! So as I think of things to be thankful for I have to say I am thankful for moving around the country!

13. I am thankful for "Art". Yet another thing that as a kid I would have said what? I love our little art collection of all the places we have been or things we are interested in or just pieces I plain like! I took a painting class and let me tell you it is hard.......God didn't give me the gift of painting or drawing but he sure did give me the opportunity to enjoy it!

12. I am thankful my parents took me to church! Mind you this is yet another thing I was not always grateful for! Now as look back and think about my morals, my way of life and even how I choose to live my life, the foundations were in that little church back NH! I don't always agree with them, but I am thankful for them! Yes and Thankful to say I am Christian.

11. Speaking of church, that makes me thankful to live somewhere, where we can choose to go to church, choose which church and even what religion we may want to be, or for that matter choose not to go to church or choose not to have religion in our lives period! Also thankful to be able to disagree or agree with anyone on their religious beliefs and still live to talk about it!



So here are my "Top Ten".........maybe not in any order but things that are very important and I feel I should be very Thankful for them!



10. Friends, and in this category, I mean friends to hang out with! Attend some parties or functions with, get a Christmas card from or every now and then a phone call from! With out these friends passing in and out of lives, life could get mighty lonely! I love having a lot of people around and doing fun things with, but not everyone fills the friend for life category, however they do fill the friend of memories, good times and hopefully you get to keep in touch!

9. The friends you share your life with! Friends you spill your guts to! You tell them things you don't want to share with the world. Friends that listen to you and hang on every word you say and don't judge you but are not afraid to let you know when maybe you are wrong or not looking at the other side, or being stubborn, or just need someone to vent to! Friends maybe you haven't seen in a long time but you pick up right where left off.......like it was yesterday you shared coffee! The type of Friend that even though you may have been an idiot to them, but they still forgive you and keep you in your life! I have a handful of these of friends and if you think are one of them, then you are probably are! My life was made better because of people like you! Thank you Friends!

8. All of my relatives.........aunts, uncles, cousins, even extended family like my daughter in laws family! We may not see a whole lot of you but you are thought of often and I know you help make up who we are today. It is nice to having a growing family.........we miss you all!

7. I am thankful for my parents. I miss my dad daily.......i miss his phone calls and crazy drop in at our home without letting us know he was coming. He has been gone a long time but even now thinking about him I cry and miss him terribly. I am thankful for my mom.....who we never agree on anything, and have such a different way of thinking but I am still grateful and thankful you are in my life and gave us so much during our lifetime! I am including my in laws in this as well. I wish my father in law could have been here longer to see his grandson grow and see how wonderful his son turned out but I am very thankful for the short time we had together. I am thankful for my mother in law......who always calls, always remembers birthdays and really is an amazing woman!

6. I am so thankful for my sister! Someone else who when I was kid I would never have said I was thankful for! Now I can't imagine life without her! She is smart, hard working, the most unselfish woman I know, and just plain amazing. She has been through so much in her short life and I am very grateful, God gave me her.......I don't say it enough Tracey but thanks for being my sister!

5. I have to say "Facebook" as crazy and stupid and so materialistic it seems, but I to keep up with my Son's family, my cousins family, my friends family and of course my Air Force Family. I get to watch my grandson grow, which is sad and good! I get to see young people in the Air Force grow and build families and then get to watch their children grow. I get to keep in touch with people that have passed through our lives briefly but we still say hi or happy birthday too! It wasn't that long ago these people left our lives and we couldn't keep in touch and lost track of them and then if we were lucky met later in life to catch up.....but now we get to see them daily!

4. I am so Thankful for my Daughter in Law Amanda! I wanted a daughter so much. I was so happy when Jason met Amanda and fell in love........I can say I got my daughter. I love to shop, talk, eat and just hang out with her. I also love that she is the mother of my Grandson! I know we are very lucky to have her in our lives.

3. I am so Thankful to be a Grandma! I have people around me who think we were nuts having kids so young and now to be grandparents when they have little kids at home......but for me this is awesome! He is such a sweet little boy, looks like his mom and dad.........and is just plain the cutest kid alive! Love ya, Mason and miss you terribly.

2. I am so Thankful for my son! Oh my if I could put in one sentence all the great things about him! Smart, frugal, a good cook, good student, loving husband, great dad...........etc! God gave me one son and even though not perfect to me you are as close to perfect as a man can get! Love you Jason!

1. Finally where would I be without my husband of 31 years. We married as kids and now we are growing old together! I look at my son and he is so much like his dad! All the great qualities of you are in him. I don't think I could have gotten a better guy! Provider, lover, and friend. Love ya honey!



So yes the last few were sappy and yes I am crying but you know what very "Thankful" to be able to put this all down and really have a chance to say "YES" I have a lot to be Thankful for.........and yes probably more then 24 items but for now.........I think this will do!

No comments: