So it is now Lloyd's turn to step into the world of being considered a senior citizen, well at least in some sporting events. The AARP applications seemed to have been coming for years but now he actually qualifies! It seems like yesterday he turned 30 and of course he has spent the last 20 years every September teasing me about being older then him. Well on Super Bowl Sunday he will join me in being a half century old! Yes dear you will be 50!
I would say the last 50 years have been good to him. I mean he has accomplished quite a bit in these years from keeping his wife for over 32 years, raising a son who will be 30 this year, and being successful in the United States Air Force for over 25 years to becoming a Grand father this past year, not to mention finishing college while working full time and us having a baby, to finishing his master degree while being a full time soldier, a hockey coach and of course a dad. He also finished all his correspondence courses through out his career, he was finally rewarded with Air War College in residence this past year. He continues to keep himself fit and healthy by daily exercise which I have trouble everyday doing, but yet he keeps it going. He is once again running in a half marathon next month in Florida......he will run, and I will enjoy the beach!
As we look back on the last 50 years I hope we have many more to come. I can't imagine life with out my husband who catches up with me every year in age for at least a few months.
No comments:
Post a Comment