We moved to Great Falls in August of 1991, we had a beagle at the time named Boomer. He was a pretty high strung dog and hated to be by himself at all. He spent almost 2 months in the Kennel while we were trying to find a place to stay. He was so upset we had to go and visit him daily as he had worn the pads on his feet raw and had lost his voice. During our first year, with Jason playing hockey and us traveling a bit I felt he would do so much better with a friend. Well my dad being the man he was sent me a pretty good chunk of money for my birthday and of course I thought the best way to use that money was to get another beagle.......that is how we got Jessie.
She was a typical beagle. Great with kids, other dogs and good with my cats. She also could escape from any fenced in yard, loved trash cans and stealing food, and while a puppy developed a taste for remote controls for the TV. Over the years, she finally learned a fenced in yard was a good thing and quit trying to leave as being tied up was no fun, she never did leave a trash can a lone so over the years it was in the sink or locked up under a counter. As the years went a long she learned how to open the fridge and so we had a child lock for it. She also knew how to get on Kitchen counters so we had to make sure chairs were pushed in and no food was left unattended.
She loved any animal we brought in to our home.......and they in turned loved her. She was a great friend to Boomer who we lost at 16 years of age.......and when we got Charlie 2 years ago she seemed to get younger as they played together and shared all toys and food.
I can't even begin to list all the great memories I have of Jessie. From the funny to the not so funny to the times we thought we might loose her because of illness and all the allergy problems she endured through her life. She was our baby once Jason left home and always shared our bed. She traveled almost everywhere with us and when we had to leave her behind she always did well in a kennel. She was an amazing dog and one I will miss greatly..........as the tears fall I only hope she is in a better place maybe even seeing our old Boomer and my Veno again.
Pets are such great family members and so hard to loose. I came with 3 senior animals this past move and have lost 2 now. I will always have a pet but it is so hard to watch them get old and then pass on. They love us so much and give us so much happiness I can't help but ask why they have to get old or sick. I hope some day I will understand.
I miss you Jessie........
1 comment:
Oh Kim- I am so sorry about Jessie. You are in my prayers as you go through this rough patch. I'm so sorry.
love,
Beth
Post a Comment