Tuesday, May 3, 2011

My Thoughts!



So many things have happened in the last couple of days. I have been reading blogs, watching TV and of course reading every ones status updates. It seems like yesterday when the world as I knew it was completely and forever changed.

We had just moved to Omaha. I wasn't use the heat, so I was in the basement enjoying the escape from the humidity. I was online booking tickets to fly home with my son. I was also chatting with a friend on messenger, when the breaking news started pouring into my email, and I noticed the TV and what had just happened. I was in shock.........I didn't know what to feel. My husband called and told us to stay home and not leave the house. Living close to the Base we always heard air craft and all of a sudden I realized it was dreadfully quiet.

As the weeks went on we learned just what had happened and I for the first time learned of the man and the organization behind the senseless deaths and destruction. I had no idea who this man was, even though the government did. I truly was ignorant about Afghanistan and Muslim religion. I started looking at maps and learning about a religion that I knew nothing about. I soon learned about how people were being treated especially women. If nothing else it opened my eyes to what was happening around the world. I was blind to life being any different then how I was living!

I started to feel a rage and hate for people I didn't know and truthfully I didn't want to know. How could they do this? Why would they do this? To this day I still wonder the same questions. As the news headlines appeared on Sunday and we heard the news I still have the same questions. In 10 years we have been a war and doing everything we can to protect this country and our allies from another attack and finally a mastermind has been terminated.

I will admit at first I felt relief, then confusion. I wanted to feel happy! Does that make sense? However that is not what I felt. See I believe life is a gift given by God. I hate anything to do with killing even the bad guy! I do however believe in Evil. I think some people are just plain Evil. When it comes to murdering so many people for no reason I have to believe this man was Evil. So when I saw people dancing in the streets and cheering I wasn't shocked. I however wanted to mourn. Not the loss of this man but the loss of so many people in the last 10 years and not just the deaths but also how this man has influenced so many other people and has implanted his ideas into yet more generations.

People try to say they do evil things in the name of religion. I don't believe any of this. All the religions I have read about and learned about value life. They all preach love and forgiveness. What we see from Al Qaida and even from some of the crazy religions here claiming to be Christians we have to realize these are not religions they are crazy people using religion as an excuse.

I am praying for the safety of my friends who are deployed and also for the safety of this country and other countries who support us. I am praying that we never experience what we did 10 years ago.

1 comment:

TamVan said...

Amen, Kim! You've become quite the expressive, articulate author, able to put your thoughts and feelings down on paper.