Friday, May 23, 2008

Morning after!





Yesterday I felt like I was back in Nebraska.....Tornado sirens and warnings going off most of the day. We were lucky it had gotten much colder here and I think that stopped the tornado's from coming down. In all the time I have lived in Colorado and Wyoming I have never had a day like yesterday. The city of Windsor is devastated. We have been there a lot in the last 3 years as Lloyd has reffed hockey. I am sure they will rebuild but the clean up in the next few months will be very difficult.

I needed some calm this morning as I thought of the wrath of Mother Nature yesterday. I found solice in the birds.....my little dove had her baby. Last night I watched and prayed for her safety as the hail came down and the wind blew. Being the mom she sat and protected that baby with all she had. This morning mom and baby are fine.

I also headed down to the base lake and found peace there as well as beautiful little goslings were out for the first time exploring! The pelicans were still there as well as a soft mist on the lake!

Enjoy the pictures and remember God has a plan even though we may never understand it!

1 comment:

The Millers said...

Glad to hear you guys are ok. Still weird to get the call about the tornados there. We didn't have any the whole time I lived there! The pics from Windsor are just terrible! One is just four miles from my parents house. Their church was hit as was the neighborhood behind it.