Saturday, October 4, 2008

Lewis and Clark




Today was suppose to be another hike in the mountains but due to a little rain we changed our plans. We ended up at the Lewis and Clark Interpretive Center. When we lived here before it was in the planning stages. It opened in 98 a couple of years after we moved. I had visited once shortly after it opened but it has certainly grown. We walked around the museum and watched a short movie about the trip. We plan on going again next weekend with Yvonne's kids and Kimberly's kids. I think it will be a fun day as they have a scavenger hunt for kids. It sits up on the hill over looking the Missouri River just outside the base. The River's Edge trail runs just behind it and in one of the pictures you can see how beautiful it is this time of year. They also have a huge garden of all the native plants that Lewis and Clark encountered on their trip. I am looking forward to going back soon. After our tour we headed to lunch. My friend Danette has been telling me how good the Pickle Barrel is so we finally found it and tried it out! MMMM Good! Thanks Danette for the information.

2 comments:

momto2boys said...

Love the pics!! Oh and I tagged you on my blog!

The Millers said...

Yes, we were in Great Falls when the IC opened! I loved the lumenaria walk they do in the summer there on the trail. Which PB did you have??? I'm envious!!! Bobcat, no onions... yeah!