Monday, August 24, 2009

Bozeman, Mt with Quilts and Friends





It seems like every week in the month of August I have taken off for a few days and have had some fun. This was my last weekend of running away and it was off to Bozeman for a few days to explore quilt stores, attend a quilt show and take a few different classes out at a quilt store called Quilting in the Country. The owner there has published several, books and patterns and is hired to do classes and demonstrations all over the place. She actually taught us some fabric painting and some crazy quilt using newspaper!

We also got to explore Bozeman and try several restaurants. The downtown area is beautiful. So many nice shops...including a quilt shop.......and several coffee shops......one of my favorites was the Internet cafe. There were also so many restaurants to choose from down there all so different. The downtown area was booming despite the loss of a block earlier this winter due to a gas leak. There was also no parking meters! Here is a town booming with business and no meters! Come on Great Falls take a look at the towns that are doing well and not trying to kill the downtown area in a slow painful way!

I bought so much fabric it is crazy, but it was all on sale! Every store had a sale of $5 Per yard and if you bought the rest it went down to $4. My favorite brand is Moda and boy did I get some beautiful ones....along with several others. I also got some Montana prints that I want to put together a quilt and maybe use for a going away for friend next year.......we shall see what I get accomplished.

In the meantime it was great to see Susan again....we both want to get back to Omaha so bad. It was also nice to meet new people, I met Susan's friends as well some very nice people at the "Quilting in the Country" classes. Time went to quickly but it is an easy drive to Bozeman so I want to go again soon!

No comments: