When we moved in 12 months ago......my sewing room had a lot of stuff just thrown in there....then I started sewing and pulling things out and before I knew it.....I had a disaster! I could barely move and trying to get a vacuum in there was almost impossible. The carpet had enough scraps of fabric on it to make a quilt....and thread......it was nutty. Then this summer came and I had been buying fabric on line and at stores and then the Bozeman quilt show and shop hop happened and before I knew it I almost couldn't walk in the door. So my goal before winter set in was to get this room organized and functional!
Well I have no ambition to do it.....I want to but it is so much work. Lloyd had promised to help but he has been working so much cleaning out that room was not his list of things to do! Well Gigi told me she would give me a hand and now that the kids are back in school we had a day to get it done. She came over on a mission......in 2 hours we had everything out and a start on the vacuuming of a very dusty, dirty carpet. We also had the closet organized and a lot of stuff I don't use ie: scrapbooking stuff organized and in the closet. After a couple more days I finished it up.....and this is the result.
I still have stuff in the hall to take into the basement and some stuff to throw away.....which should be done by tonight! Now to keep it organized!
My sister, Val, Kimberly and Yvonne all saw this mess before....if I had thought I would have taken a before picture......Oprah would be proud! HAHA
No comments:
Post a Comment