Almost a year ago I took a tour of the Red Horse Squadron. I knew nothing about what these guys did in the Air Force, I was a shocked and amazed at what these guys do and how important they are in War times.
They are mostly CE guys. They build things! They analyze soil, and take into account everything to build a city in an area where there could be nothing! They either start to build or finish a project that has been started. When they start to build they are flown into these areas with almost nothing but some computers, sleeping bags and enough food and water to get them by until the next teams arrive with all the equipment to start building.
We saw some pretty amazing pictures of the things they have done in the last few years. Remember these guys are builders.......in war torn countries! The other thing is they deploy all the time.....home for 10 months gone for 8 or more months! A lot of these men come home to meet their new children for the first time. The Moms and Dads that are left behind spend a lot of time being single parents. I have been blessed to meet a lot of these of families and have heard a lot of the stories of going through some tough times alone. The main thing is they survive! They go through months of being alone and then a few months of being a family again only to have them leave again.
Yesterday they returned, it was a celebration to see them all! There was over 200 people deployed from Red Horse as well other squadrons here on this small base! It was an amazing sight to see them all return yesterday.
Gigi asked me to take pictures and I was a little disappointed in them but you get the idea. I also had a hard time from being emotional myself.......I was very proud at that moment to have a husband that serves in the Air Force and also to be there to witness these people arriving home safely!
Welcome home to all the Men and Women of 819th Red Horse!
No comments:
Post a Comment