Sunday, October 11, 2009

Trip to Cheyenne






Lloyd had an oppertunity to go TDY to Cheyenne and of course I was excited to go there! We left on Tuesday, most of the group that went flew but we drove and took Charlie and the Blanchard Trophy with us in the back of the explorer....needless to say it was full car! I should have taken a picture of that!

On our first night, there was things to do.......Lloyd had a dinner downtown and I was off to visit with friends. I made myself comfortable at Beckys house.....and Charlie and I moved in. She told me to keep Charlie out of the Kennel so I did. I think I called every day to the kennel and said I would bring him one more day late and eventually he just stayed at Beckys. Sparky their dog was very excited to have Charlie around......they seemed to be best friends........I hear Spark is a little depressed since we left!

While Lloyd was busy with work, I was off playing Bunko, going to teas and hanging out at Trevor and Deannas house. I got to see a lot old friends at Bunko, and then a few more here and there. I still can't believe how quickly time went by, still didn't get to see anyone from church and still managed to miss a few from FE.

Our last night there was spent just hanging out at the Duck Blind and eventually watching a lot of snow fall........we woke up to about 8 inches! We got the car loaded about noon, grabbed McDonalds food and hit the road about 1. We had a little bit of a rough ride for about 60 miles but then it was clear and dry the rest of the 600 miles......we arrived about midnight last night and now hanging waiting for the Red Horse Squadron to arrive after a 10 month deployment! Pictures to follow that soon!

No comments: