Thursday, August 5, 2010

Photographs






Sometimes I wonder would being a photographer be something I would like to do? It would mean buying more equipment, probably going back to school and then once you do it for a job would you still like it? I love to take pictures.....of anything, and anyone(as my friends can attest to)! I try to get good shots of everyone, but of course that doesn't always happen! I know I am most critical of myself and how I photograph.......so once you do this for a living and you find someone that maybe the camera doesn't love and then the outcome is not the goal you have set for yourself will the fun then go away? These are things I think about. Today though, I had told a friend I would take some senior class pictures for them. I let her know I am no professional.....but I do love to take pictures.

So we got up early, and headed down to the local parks here in town just to have fun. Her daughter is a natural when it comes the camera. So taking pictures today was pretty easy! We also had the little sister which actually added some flavor to whole day. We had 4 hours, 2 parks, 4 changes of clothing, and a quick break for coffee and breakfast in between.

When I got home I couldn't wait to check out the pictures. I even bought a new photo shop thinking just in case they really needed tweaking! Once I got them loaded and started looking at them I didn't want to touch them! I was so happy. I thought they turned out wonderful. Here are just a few of 300 I took today.

If I could have a day like this everyday, taking photos and then loving the result I think is this what I would like to do? Well maybe, maybe I am being too easy on the outcome of my photos. Maybe some of my much more experienced photographers are scratching their heads saying Kim they are not that good! In any case for one day, I had a blast taking pictures and then a big head knowing someone else liked them too!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

kim--i think the same thing and have the same worries. and my pictures don't turn out nearly as well as yours did!

great job--and it is never too late to pursue your dreams!