a Raven that loved to pose for the camera
The amazing sky walk
Looking out over the canyon
Hover Dam overlook
Another year went by so quickly, it seemed like we just got back from our adventure in NY and this year we were off to Nevada. This year I qualified for Seniors too! So Sarah invited me to come to the Sam's Town annual "Prime Timers" no tap tournament.
This all takes place in the middle of moving from Alabama to Nebraska. We packed and loaded on May 31st. Left to drive to Omaha on the 1st of June, arrived on the 2nd and then flew out to Vegas on the 3rd.
The bowling tournament at Sam's is just amazing......of course bowling well makes it even better.....but for 124 bucks you get to bowl, they give you a new bowling shirt and some other little trinkets along with coupons for lunch or dinner. You get amazing rates on the hotel room and so when all is done you have a great vacation for very little money. If you are 50 or older and enjoy bowling it is a fun thing to do.
After hanging out at Sam's Town for a few days we took a trip to the Grand Canyon. I have always wanted to go there. It has been on my bucket list for several years. We only got to see a very small bit of the canyon but it was amazing and you really do see God's hand in making of the Canyon. We took the big plunge and went out on the sky walk. It was expensive but worth the money to say you have been there done that! It was a hot day but not so hot you that you didn't want to walk around and see it all.
From Las Vegas it was off to Reno for the annual Women's national tournament. After bowling so well in Vegas I was hoping for a good showing in Reno........of course that was not to be this year. I managed to get a cold and run down from all the traveling, late nights and different time zones. I was spent.
I look forward to this trip every year, the best part is meeting up with friends. It is funny how you just pick up where you left off on the previous year. I only bowl during the year just so I can go to nationals every year. I am looking forward to the seniors tournament next year as well.....hopefully Lloyd will join us.

No comments:
Post a Comment