I cannot even imagine where I would be today were it not for
that handful of friends who have given me a heart full of joy.
Let's face it, friends make life a lot more fun.
~ Charles R. Swindoll
Its hard to believe that 2008 was 5 years ago. Where do the years go? This group of ladies made living on FE Warren some of the most memorable times of 25 years of Air Force moving.
It wasn't that long ago when I basically tried to not to make friends with people active duty in the AF. I hate the part of knowing we are all going to move away. So I figured if I avoid the friendships it will be easier to move. What I have learned through the last few years is I was missing out on a some really amazing people.
I am very grateful for Social Media because I wonder if we would all still be staying in contact if not for all the ways to communicate with how much we all move away. In any case over the last few years I have been reconnecting with a whole lot of friends......whether it is moving to a city and meeting up local friends again, or finding out we are going to be stationed with friends from previous assignments to deciding to take a vacation and meet up friends from the past.
This last weekend we got a chance to head to Washington DC. One was to do a little sight seeing but mostly to reconnect with friends from FE who just happen to be all living in the DC area......of course there are a lot of people there so I didn't get to see a few people but who we did see sure did bring back a flood of memories. The best part was all the laughing and remembering and all the good and not so good times of AF life.
So in honor of so many friends from the past few years here are a few pictures from past and present. I really wish some how some way I could get you all together for a big reunion! In the meantime I will just relive memories through photos!
Thank you friends for making each place we have moved to and visited such an amazning time!
 |
| Gwen and Robin, neighbors Montgomery |
 |
| Col Gary Kuhn, boss and friend |
 |
| Kimberly Spath and Karen Fortney |
 |
| Val my best neighbor in Canada! |
 |
| Doris and Pat life long friends from work |
 |
| Larry and Diana |
 |
| The Kortes |
 |
| More FE friends...... |
 |
| Ah the Montana gang! No words! :) |
 |
| More FE Warren memories....a very expensive dinner! :) |
 |
| the best co commanders ever! |
 |
| Miss Eva |
 |
| More Montana |
 |
| High School friends |
There are so many more pictures of great friends and great fun.........we miss all of you and our goal is keep getting to see everyone for many more years to come! Get the wine, beer and food ready, we have the memories of some really wonderful times!
No comments:
Post a Comment