Saturday, March 30, 2013

Faith

John 3:16-17
New Living Translation (NLT)
16 “For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life. 17 God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him.
 
 
 
 
 



As this weekend approaches many of us celebrate the Resurrection of Jesus.  Recently a friend posted his feelings about Easter.  I won't go into details because this is not about challenging his thoughts but just presenting my thoughts and why I believe in my Faith.

First I was raised in a Baptist Church.  I was first introduced to Christianity when I was a child. There was times when I thought is this really true?  Truthfully there are times even today when I think with all the bad, and sickness and suffering in this world how can what I believe really be true.  However I always go back to the bible and its teachings.  I have to believe it to be true!  As much bad I also see so much good.

Job 12:10 - In his hand is the life of every creature and the breath of all mankind

I see just amazing things and I think how could this not be created by someone far higher then we can imagine.  How could it just appear?  Some people will argue this thinking but for me this is right.

Genesis 2:18

New International Version (NIV)
18 The Lord God said, “It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him



Our children and family.  No one can tell me that the birth of a child is not a miracle.  How they are formed and come into this world is just amazing.  Not all are born into good families and situations but the fact they are even born today is a miracle.  I believe in strong families and good morals in those families as in loving one another and when taking an oath of marriage working through the good and tough times.  Respecting our partners and loving and caring for them no matter what.  These are values given to me years ago.  I saw these values work in my grandparents marriage and now we are doing the same for our marriage and yes I pray for our children's marriages.  I know both our son and daughter in law see long relationships in both our families. 

John 15:12-13
"This is My commandment, that you love one another, just as I have loved you. "Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends
.

I truly believe there is good in most of us.  An example was last night at a Kid Rock concert non the less.  First thing was Kid Rock does a lot for the Shriner's.  He donated hundreds of his recent CD to be sold for $10 with 100% of the proceeds to go to the Shriner's......he collected no profit from this!  Despite his rocky life and his interesting past even he took the time to thank GOD for what he had and also has amazing faith in this country.

I have to be thankful and I have to have faith.  I feel comfortable praying and asking Jesus and God to look over my family, this country and our world.  Its what keeps me going daily.  When life doesn't always go my way, and I see family members, pets and friends become ill or pass away while suffering it does get difficult but I still believe. 

I really think Mankind has taken a step for the worse and I am sure my Great Grandparents are probably asking what are they thinking,  I am saying we have taken a step for the worse not for political or social thinking it is the hate that bothers me the most.  I was told through the Bible not to hate.  Not to Judge but to understand, love and have compassion.  To live as others would like to live.  This is my hope on Easter.  We understand that hate has been around since the bible but maybe we can all learn a lot from the preaching of Jesus.

May we all be blessed this Easter, whether it be spending time with family, enjoying a good meal, spending time with friends, or just looking out the window and seeing what an amazing world this it.

No comments: