
I wish I had the writing skills to say what I feel for my sister. She was always the baby almost 5 years younger then me. Seemed like a constant pain while I was growing up until she entered College and finally we started to become friends. Then through marriage and each of us having one son we started connecting even more. Now she is faced with cancer and is so much stronger then I ever thought she could be. She had surgery 2 weeks ago and as you can see is doing amazing. The day after surgery she was home and up walking around. We got to spend time walking and just talking and she is handling things so much better then I think I ever could.
I am starting to learn far more about cancer then I ever wanted to know. Even though Cancer has touched our family far more times then I feel is fair, when it is your sister you start to listen and learn. One thing I have learned is no matter what we are thinking is best for our loved ones we need to only support their desisions. What they decide to do is between them and their doctors and it is not for us to give advice.
I thank all my friends for their prayers and also for the time I got to spend with a few friends while out east. It does help to get away and just forget about things for a bit.
No comments:
Post a Comment