Well I am back home again....had a good weekend.....bowled good sometimes and had one terrible game that blew my singles....oh well a pro bowler I will never be! I had a really great time getting to know my bowling partners again.....it had been a year since I had been with some of them and it felt like we never had been a part. They are very nice people and it was my pleasure to shuttle them around the city of Detroit.
Detroit was wonderful....warm and sunny with thunderstorms thrown in to make me think of Omaha. We were in Canton which was a beautiful suburb close to the bowling alley and to the airport. Also right across the street was a "Tim Horton's" and an IKEA! Talk about feeling like I was back in Canada.......it was great. I couldn't get enough coffee in the 4 days we were there and bought 2 new duvet cover sets for my house....one red and one a very dark purple. We also hit the casinos in town. Who knew there were Casinos? I ended up winning $200 and never spent a dime to do it. The Greek town gave us $20 and was kind to give me $110 more! I decided I had my fill of Casinos but being it was a Sunday afternoon just about everything in town rolls up the sidewalk at 4 pm so that was the only thing open......Sarah gave me her $20 and I managed to turn it into a $100. Now I know this it not normal and believe gambling is not my choice of things to do....but it paid for my new duvets and I was happy to stop when it gave me the money.......and I understand how easy it is not to stop........I had to really slap myself and say no more!
I have some really great pictures but my computer has died so using friends and the one at the church office......we plan on buying a new one this weekend....so hopefully will have pictures up soon. We have a lot of things happening this week too with all the change of commands happening on the base. Will be a sad week as friends start to pack and leave us........until then.......
No comments:
Post a Comment