Saturday, July 19, 2008

First night of CFD





Tonight was the first night of CFD and it was an old fashion rock concert. I have to say I didn't think I knew some of the bands but low and behold I did. Granted I was young when they had their first hits but like good old rock and roll the songs they never die. There were 4 bands tonight from the Atlantic Rhythm Section to Firefall to War.....which I have to say was an amazing band! To the wrap up with the Guess Who! Everyone was disappointed in the opening act but I think they proved everyone wrong. All the bands had hits we all knew and the Guess Who were down right wonderful. Vance, K.C. me and Kimberly's sister Julie all went because Kimberly said she didn't want to go and wouldn't you know it she shows up with a VIP pass and gets better seats then us~! After some whining and a small disagreement with some crazy old people behind us and some VIP treatment from neighbors Julie and I had front row ......and I mean front row seats for The Guess Who........a bunch of a Canadians I may add. In doing some research I just learned the lead singer was in a car accident so they have a new lead and that is Derek Sharp (the Shirtless wonder). I also learned he is married...... Anyway, it was good I got some great pictures......wish I could have been up front for all the bands but I am happy with what I got. Tomorrow night is Rascal Flats and we have front row seating.......not the standing room VIP but still should be good.

No comments: