Wednesday, August 13, 2008

In Montana...................




The drive to Montana was a slow drive as we were loaded down with a lot of stuff. I am not sure how it even ended up being so much stuff but it did. We even gave away a ton of cleaning products and propane tanks and anything anyone would take! Yet still we had over a 1000 pounds of stuff spread out among 2 cars! We stopped in Billings at about 11pm and stayed at LaQunita Hotel. It was a great hotel....they even welcome pets and yet is a beautiful room, great beds and so welcoming. We stayed long enough for a short sleep and time to grab coffee at starbucks and then it was off to Great Falls.

We arrived at about noon time and I headed straight to the house. I shouldn't have done that. The shock from being spoiled in Cheyenne to back to reality was a bit more then I could handle. I will post pictures later.......

After a long day of driving and handling some problems with our movers and the Air Force we got dinner at one of my favorite resturants in Great Falls. Then it was off the to hotel which is even nicer then the one in Billings. We are on the river and close to the parks and downtown. Thank goodness the river area is so nice.....or it would have been a rough night. Here are some pictures of the hotel and resturant.

2 comments:

The Millers said...

Oh Montana.... I wish we could join you there!!! MacKenzie River... did you try the Huckleberry soda? And Lodgepoles! Oh I'm hungry already!

You have to go to the Pickle Barrel next!

KIM said...

Hey great to hear from you! I have to give you a call here soon. Sure would make things nicer if you guys were here!