Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Wind!

I never enjoy wind and yet here we are again in the wind belt of the Rockies!! Last night after a very warm evening the wind picked up just about the time I was starting to go to bed.....needless to say it kept me awake for a quite a time. After a few hours the wind calmed down a bit as the temperature dropped considerably. Now today it is only about 70 and the wind is blowing like crazy. I had forgotten how windy it is up here until we heard we were coming back.......looks like it is going to be 3 more years of crazy wind!

4 comments:

momto2boys said...

UG! More wind? I am sorry to hear that!

KIM said...

yeah it is actually just as windy if not worse then Cheyenne.....good thing about here though we got a lot more chinnook winds so we can have some pretty drastic temperture changes in the winter........from below to zero to well above. So far the summer is warm and hopefully the fall will be it can down right cold come middle of October but the locals tell me they have had mild winters.....we will see...it wasn't mild when we lived her last! Something about missle bases!

The Millers said...

Hey, it helps keep the mosquitoes down and the snow melting!

Buzzilinear said...

Yeah! You won't be complaining when it's -40 then it's 35 because of the Chinooks!