One thing we use to do a lot of while we lived in Montana was hiking. So we decided to start again. We carefully went through a hiking book of Montana, found a hike that was close to Great Falls.......was listed as "EASY" and wasn't a long hike. This was one was 3.5 miles (7 miles round trip) and not suppose to be a hard climb, with well marked trails and easy elevation climb. I really thought I was somewhat in shape for this hike......I had been using the treadmill.....mine you not daily but I was able to go on an incline 3 miles pretty easy. Well about 3/4 of the way into this trip I learned I was not in shape and this was no treadmill.
Diana and Larry came with us......and thankfully Diana was feeling a little bit run down as well. We took our time made the final destination. Got some great pictures and we did make it back before dark...........
It was a beautiful day......we wore a lot of layers and needless to say the layers were stripped early into the hike. We also brought along some sub sandwiches and some trail bars and Larry brought some M&M's which were so good on the way back.
We ended the day with some food and Margaritas at chili's. I thought for sure I would be done in on Sunday but I actually feel pretty good. Just one sore foot but that has been sore for over a month!
1 comment:
I've never even heard of that place! It sure is beautiful though!!!
Post a Comment