Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Bad Day.......

My day starts off with a trip to the gym Monday - Friday. Eva and I have been doing this now for about 3 months. I am not about to make a resolution to loose weight....I gave up on that years ago......but it is good for me to walk some and move around........so now about 3 months into this I finally don't dread getting up and have stopped looking for an excuse not to go. We just get on the treadmill for 45 minutes go 2.5-3 miles and we are done for the day. We go early around 8 or 7 depending on the day. Well yesterday all that good came to an end. If you look at all my pictures you see a lot of snow piled up around here. Believe it or not is it melting....and blowing. The blowing caused a problem at the end of the street yesterday. A pile of snow formed right at the end of the street right where our driveway comes out. Eva showed up to drive us to the gym and was stuck right in the middle of the street. Well she has a bad back so I thought the snow is not that deep and just slushy so I can push.....and I did I got the car unstuck with no help from anyone.......until I stood up.....my back was out and it was out good. I could barely stand up. Yesterday was spent on a heating pad and trying to stretch it out. I could barely walk but managed every couple of hours to get up and walk around and let the crazy dogs out. Well today I am still hurting but I can feel it loosening up. I am also going house crazy......I want out but hard to leave when you can barely stand upright.........hopefully it will be better soon.......we play Mah Jongg tonight and I want to play badly but not sure I can sit that long. I so am hating winter........Arizona is starting to look really good!

1 comment:

The Millers said...

We both feel for you there. Being mobile is taken for granted until something happens... How are you doing now?