So on Sunday I headed up to Alberta to fetch Lloyd and hopefully get to see Jason for a little bit. I had a busy weekend already and getting moving in the morning was a little difficult. I finally left the house at 11:00. Stopped at Starbucks and McDonalds......and then looked at the clock to see I was leaving the city at 12:15. My goal had been to leave the house at 10 so I was really leaving late. I did make it to Calgary by 5 and was at the Brier long before it started at 6. The crazy thing was the border was backed up......but when they got to me I was just pretty much sent on my way.
We had a good time at the Brier.......even though the last game was a blow out. Alberta pretty much had the game won in the 3rd end. I got some pictures and so did Lloyd. Jason and Bill left before the awards ceremony because it had started to snow and there was ice fog! Only had a couple of hours with him but it was good.
The next day we got up somewhat early.....hit Starbucks and only stopped in Lethbridge for lunch and I finally got my passport pictures taken. Then it was off to the border and home. This time no lines but I was told that where I am a permanent resident every time I come across the border I have to stop and be finger printed and a photo taken. Why? I asked.....I follow all the rules.....I renew my Green Card and I have lived in the USA for 41 years now.........married to a US Citizen for 29 years.......only attend US schools......etc. etc. etc. No one could tell me why either except that they were told from DC to do this! I have to do some research as why this happening but talk about crazy. I just don't get the harassment!
No comments:
Post a Comment