When we moved up to Alberta way back in 1996 we had a couple of beagles and a couple of cats........Lloyd was in Alaska on a remote tour so it was just Jason and I and pets. Jason had a cat he picked out when he was 4 years old and this cat was his. We hadn't been in Alberta long when he passed away due to kidney failure. Jason didn't handle this death well as this was his cat. He didn't want another cat he told me over and over again, but I guess I did. I went to the shelter and brought home our Max. At first Jason wasn't exactly happy with me. He didn't want another cat replacing his friend. Soon though, Max had a place in his heart, bed and also became friends with our other kitty. He was a stray cat from Edmonton......he must have been loved as he could fetch and loved to talk. He was also an outdoor cat that we tried for years to make an indoor kitty. Soon, Jason was off on his own and Max was my cat. He loved to go for rides in the car, adapted to any animal we brought home and actually moved around the country. Max had his quirks and got me in trouble a few times but I love pets and to me once you take them on they are like kids and you just keep working with them and take the good and the bad.
Max loved people, and esp other animals. He was always there when we lost a pet, he seemed in tune to our losses. He loved to talk and purr and he did love to eat.
Today was not a good day.......letting him go was probably one of the hardest things I have had to do.......and anyone who tells you putting down an animal is easy and humane hasn't been with me when we have done this. My kitty was sick, but he sure wasn't ready to die. It was a horrible experience and I hope I never have to witness this again.
It has been a tough 3 years here in Great Falls, we have lost a dog and 2 of our cats here. I knew it was going to be tough having a house of senior citizens and they would not live forever but to loose them all after so many years has been very difficult.
I will miss my Max....his cries in the morning asking for food, his purrs and cuddles when I picked him up and loving attitude towards all the animals that have come and gone in our household. May you rest in Peace sweet Max.......I will miss you so much!
No comments:
Post a Comment