Sunday, November 2, 2008

Some quilts.....





Here are some pictures of some quilts I have been working on for the last few weeks. The bright colored one with the Christmas fabric I just finished yesterday. I love it! The main fabric is from artist Laurel Burch. I have always liked her fabrics but have yet to do a quilt with them....finally I saw a quilt in one of this months quilt books and decided I needed to do one. I got the pattern from one of the local Quilt stores in town. It was so easy and I love how it all came together.

The red, white and black one I had bought all the fabric of fat quarters at Joann Fabrics. I had such a hard time finding those colors together. Now after I have completed this one of course there are tons of fabric out there in those colors. The pattern is one of my favorites.....so simple to do and each quilt looks so different.

As you can see I used the same pattern in the next quilt. Susan and I had bought a challenge bag together. It contained a small scrap of fabric on the handle and then we were suppose to put together a quilt or wall hanging using the fabric on the handle as well as the fat quaters that were included in the bag. We could choose any pattern and add as many fabrics as we like. I never got it completed in time to enter it in the contest but I feel it is one of my best quilts. I think it will be up for auction this year!

Finally my fall quilt which I think I have pictures of in an earlier blog but of course I really like it and thought I would include it. I bought that pattern here in town as well. The quilt store downtown has amazing easy patterns......I have bought a few and so far I am not disappointed!

Well enjoy......now just to find a long arm quilter to finish them all off!

No comments: