Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Another weekend in Alberta





At the last minute we decided to head up to Bawlf to see Jason and Amanda and Lloyd cleaned out our basement and we threw a ton of stuff away. At first it was only going to be Lloyd going up but because of snow....yes snow my outdoor plans were cancelled and I got to go too! Believe it or not we drove 400 miles north and found nicer weather......at least no snow! Christy came home too so we got to meet her boyfriend and they brought Baby (the dog) too! It was nice to have someone next door while were there.

Jason had a baseball tournament in Camrose so he and Amanda spent the night with us in Bawlf. We had fun playing cards and just enjoyed the little house....no Internet or TV so it was just us hanging out. Charlie hurt himself somehow so that was a little scary but he is back to his old self.

Before we hit the road to Alberta I ran up to Shelby with Lola and Darryl and we took Julianne to the train station for her trip back to Duluth. I have never really walked around Shelby.....and learned there is a coffee shop, and 2 Quilt stores!

Speaking of Quilts on the way up north we did kind of act like tourists for a change....stopped at the Milk River Welcome center and took silly pictures, then in Lethbridge there was a quilt show going on so I stopped in and admired some quilts and bought a pattern that a lady in Saskatchewan had designed.

There are a ton of silly places to stop on the drive up to Bawlf.....our next trip we have plans to stop at the Vauxhall potato statue.......bet you can't wait for that picture!

Well it is good to be home again.... but I leave for Reno on Thursday....so pictures to come on that trip as well.

No comments: