Last night was a crazy night. After we got home from the cruise we were expecting our last team mate to have arrived and be waiting for us in the room......actually we expected her to be sound asleep as she had driven 1000 miles and had left Cheyenne at 4 in the morning. Well we got to the hotel at midnight and walked quietly into the room and no one was there!!! My mind starting thinking bad thoughts so we started calling the desk and checking downstairs in the casino and also the front desk to see if Kathy was anywhere to be found. After talking to several people and I mean several we were told that no she had not been there and they would send her to our room as soon as she arrived!
Well hours passed.......I finally dozed off for a little bit and the phone rang at 3:30 AM! It was Kathy she had been there since 7 PM the night before and they would not allow her to enter the room and when she kept checking at the desk they said I hadn't checked in yet! I had been there for almost 2 days by then! Well I got up and stumbled down the stairs got her a key and the name of the manager and we tried to get some sleep. NOT!!!!
We were all very much awake by then. Finally Kathy settled down and fell asleep I got up and that was it for the day. We woke Kathy up at 11 and then it was off to bowl team event! Needless to say we stunk! Actually that is a nice way to describe how we bowled~. I was almost at my average about 6 pins under but everyone else was way below!
Well we picked our pride up off the floor and took some pictures to put smiles back on our face. We went for an amazing breakfast and then I went to talk to the hotel manager! He gave us our room for free for that night....which I was quite happy about seeing as none of us slept in that room! Then it was off to the Casinos to play a little and then we ate dinner and I thought time for bed...maybe I can get some sleep!
Nope, it was not in the cards for me to sleep........we had to be up at 5 AM to bowl singles and doubles and I think after looking at the clock at 12:30, 2, 3, 3:30, 4:30I just gave in and I was up...........the tale of Doubles to Singles to follow!
No comments:
Post a Comment